I + D
I + D
ZINIO Bodegas is very involved in several I + D projects. Through them, it maintains a constant commitment with the environment, viticulture and innovation.
The project we developed with the Centro de Información Documental de Archivos (Archival Documentary Information Center, CIDA) has identified thirteen different soil types that we have grouped into five main more representative groups. As a result, we have produced five wines with the same Tempranillo variety, which are distinguished solely by the characteristics of the soil where the grapes come from.
The works carried out in the vineyard during the year are identical: plant feeding and water and fertilizer quantity. Later, these vineyards are harvested and vinified separately to know in depth their characteristics every year. In this sense, we rely on Precision Viticulture, which, based on GPS positioning system, offers us concrete information on production, health status, and soil status, etc.
PLANT COVERS (2009-2012)
Experimentation with plant covers in the vineyard to control their vigor.
Vino funcional (2007-2010)
Production of functional wine (with high resveratrol content) to highlight all the healthy qualities of wine.
- Increase resveratrol and quercitin concentration in wines of Rioja Qualified Designation of Origin.
- Study of the effects and development of such concentration.
- Study of the effectiveness of fermentative treatments through HPLC when extracting trans-resveratrol and quercitin.
VITICULTURE TECHNIQUES (2006-2010)
LIFE SYNERGY (2006)
To explore new solutions to environmental problems with a community dimension as well as to integrate the environment into the European Union policies.
- Implementation of a wine production system that respects the environment.
- Environmental improvements in the use of cork, reuse of glass, use of fertilizers and phytosanitary products…
- Improvement in the process of picking, storing and transporting of the grapes to the winery.